« home | i think i've got myself a boyfriend! » | NO MORE CLASSES!!! » | i knew it! » | blogging, not studying » | sleepy in seattle » | conversations of all sorts » | being a klutz has its downside » | my head hurts » | Harry Potter and the Half-Sunk Ship » | sir louie, » 

Friday, March 25, 2005 

i hate my dad

reasons why i LOATHE my dad:

1. he's always so mean

2. he's such a dum-dum

3. he never does anything but criticize

4. he *loves* making us do stuff

5. he never says please and/or thank you

6. in fact, i don't think he even has any manners

7. he's so overprotective

8. he plays favorites

9. he always threatens us

10. in fact, he even hurts us sometimes, and not just with words, mind you

just a few minutes ago he came out of his room and then started scolding my brother for eating so long. imagine that! what a shallow reason! then he started saying mean things to my brother; which, i have always thought, will scar him forever (my brother, i mean); since father dear seems to *love* saying things that will definitely scar us forever, or at least cost us about a million pesos' worth of therapists' bills. i got so mad because i wanted to write something good in my blog this time, not just my usual rantage. but no, he had to ruin my good mood and went all horrid-dad on my brother. anyways, he was saying totally mean things to my brother and threatening him with bodily harm (what's new?). and then when my brother was on the verge of crying, he said, "o, ano, iiyak ka? wag kang maka-iyak-iyak diyan at baka gusto mong..." and then he shot his own version of evil eye on my brother. i mean, give him a break, he's just FOUR. his evil eye is more than enough to drive my lil bro to tears. last time i checked, he was almost hyperventillating. almost.

i'm not even allowed to go to the mall when he's at home. he says that if i should only go to the mall with family, so that i get to spend quality time with them. um, hello, quality time? you have *got* to be kidding me. if quality time meant giving me fifty thousand bucks for shopping with my mom, then i'm so in. but since, to him, quality time means dragging me to the mall with my bratty little siblings (who're probably scarred for life, by the way), making me babysit them, and scolding me for not doing something right. (there's always something. like, always.)

and the favoritism? that's just wrong. he's such a dear when talking to kat. but when talking to me, my other sister and lil bro? let's just say he told one of us to shut up the last time we tried to say our opinion in front of him. and not the jokey sort of shut up. the shut up that could also mean, "shut your pie hole or else i'm going to kill you." that one.

Hello!

Just wanted to say that I agree- your dad sounds like a major jerk! He's just taking out his crappy job/stress out on you when none of it is really your fault. Even though you might feel like you provoke him sometimes, it doesnt make his reactions appropriate- I mean, clearly the guy is over-reacting!!!
You are his kids and are smaller than him so that just makes you easy targets or "scapegoats" for a wimp like him.
Try to brush it off as best you can and dream of the day when you can leave for university or something.

I also wanted to mention that I'm absolutely impressed with your writing style! It has such strong voice and a certain wry sense of humour to it. Im in university and you write better than a lot of the people in my creative writing class!


In all, keep your chin up, continue with your writing because you are a natural, and think of all that jerky stuff your dad does as fodder for the novel that you will write one day!

Take care,
Vanessa from Canada

p.s. i'm doing research on kids and technology for a class, and I managed to stumble upon your blog :)

whoa...thanks! normally someone who didn't really assess the sitch would tell me to forgive and forget, you know? but it's not that easy, what with 15 years of living with him. it's terrible!

thanks for the complement, btw. it means so much, esp. coming from someone who isn't my editor (for the school paper, i mean). i mean, i've known her since i was 11. but i just turned 15 so i don't think it makes a big diff. but she's still real nice, letting me down gently and all. unlike other people i know.

anyways, sorry, i'm babbling again! thanks for your thoughts! they're gold to me :D

Post a Comment