« home | ohmygod. i just discovered that one of the best b... » | another 'nothing' week » | the irony's so thick you could cut it with a knife » | the wonders of satellite imaging, image hosting an... » | (i didn't crb when i said that i'd brb. never min... » | grandma's funeral, day 3didn't go. haha. so much... » | well, my paternal grandmother is dead. bummer. n... » | ...you know what?i totally forgot what i was going... » | ack. don't you just hate people who stare at your... » | hugs and kisses, pope! :-* » 

Friday, May 06, 2005 

(i'm really sleepy, so excuse me if i veer off topic (which i almost always do). and i'm using my mom's laptop which i'm just not used to using, so excuse any future misspelled words.)

i'm going to try to think out loud for this one. since it's night, i guess i could do one of those inner monologues i have right before i sleep (which, most of the time prevents me from actually sleeping. but it's cool.)

here goes.

last night, my mom said that we'll go to the u.s. right before i go off to college. i'm just really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really hoping it'll happen. (actually, i was supposed to go last year, but my uncle died so my i guess that's the reason my mom totally forgot about it). i've always wanted to go there. ever since i was a kid i imagined myself living in new york (though i think l.a. is where we're going--but whatever) i've always imagined mornings rushing through times square, watching rocky horror every halloween, going on shopping sprees, and sometimes just standing at the deck of the empire state building and watching new york move below.

in the l.a. version of my fantasy, i study in this school (it doesn't matter whether it's public or private, just as long as it's a school). i have this gorgeous geeky boyfriend (nerdy but still totally cute) who works shifts in burger king (i don't know where that came from, but i've always imagined my american boyfriend working at the counter at bk. don't ask me why. i don't know. or is it 'i just know'? ah, whatever. same difference.) me and cute nerdy bf go out to imax theaters and he lets me watch my romantic comedies without complain. and i have an amazing group of friends who almost always get along. with them, i'm not being judged or anything. i'm not different. i just belong. it's there where my friends understand my 'american' sense of humor which my classmates here just don't appreciate. actually, i don't even think they understand it. they just stare at me with utter cluelessness, blink, then laugh as if they do. haha. j/k.

i just hope we really leave, though. i can find a million and one reasons for us not to.

okay, i'm out of things to think about again. let me just let my mind wander for a few moments and go back.

(.......)