« home | walang kwentang celestial » | last updated a couple of eons ago. ah, crap. you k... » | just something i sent to a very stupid person.***w... » | haters anonymous » | The E.K. Day » | i am so........@#$%^&**@#.sometimes i hate myself ... » | pablo neruda » | nagulat ako. as in.sinabi un sakin ni ira papasok... » | so...wala lang. this weekend has been a blast.i h... » | okay, so i was stupid.but it was still fun.man, my... » 

Wednesday, November 02, 2005 

better late than never. at least i learned something.

i just learned something. and it came pretty late in the day, if you ask me. because i should have thought of it about a month and a half ago, when the thing actually happened. (i seriously need to assess stuff more.)
i was playing text twist when a thought occurred to me: if i don't trust myself, i sure as hell can't trust other people.
i made one crucial mistake that almost cost me a verbal whiplash from both my parents, and that was entrusting my camera to another person. that was during the field trip.
i asked him to keep it for me because i already knew what was going to happen: i was going to get overly excited, totally forget about the camera, then lose it. (i sensed the pattern about twenty excursions ago. totally typical.) so he kept it.
but then he lost it.
aah, the cruel jokes fate makes.
i didn't even feel a touch of panic when it happened. what first occured to me was go back to the ride (the space shuttle) and ask around. but then they pointed me to the park relations office and asked me to report it.
thank god they found it.
and the moral of the story? i should always trust myself. if i can't do it properly, who else could? no offense to my classmates, but i know that i'm a helluva lot smarter than them. (most of them don't even know how to take exams without ever studying. heck, i got through high school that way.) common sense-wise, i mean. i heard someone say that they'd be bawling their eyes out if they lost THEIR camera. i honestly wouldn't do that. i'd just enjoy my last moments alive. i've come home from worse than this. trust me.
the moral came so so late. but whatever. better late than never, right?