« home | music na naman. nakaka-high na ito. She... » | SHOCKER. » | i am driving myself crazy.if you think you need ot... » | a gibbering monkey. yes, those are the exact word... » | TOTOO BA ITO???oh god, i am TORN.a part of me want... » | acceptance » | SLOW DEATH » | we're supposed to make a friggin' love letter. se... » | Your Personality IsRational (NT)You are both logic... » | better late than never. at least i learned someth... » 

Sunday, November 27, 2005 

“They say men are children, but sometimes children are men; maybe that's where the confusion lies... All I knew was that night the world seemed suddenly very big and I felt very small, so I did what I could...... 1972 was a crazy time. Kids played football, drove cars, went to school, celebrated life; while soldiers, heroes, their brothers struggled to find their way home from war; and young boys watched and grew wiser in their dreams.”

-kevin arnold, the wonder years

one of the shows i loved as a kid was the wonder years. mostly, it was about the problems of 12-year old kevin arnold, ranging from the grave to the mundane. it had loads of quotes that just made me think...and looking back, they still do.


I never knew until that moment what it was like to lose something I never really had.

Love can tear and rip you apart. It can kill you. But if you’re lucky, it can put you back together.

Change is never easy. You fight to hold on. You fight to let go.

Growing up happens in a heartbeat. One day you’re in diapers, next you’re gone. But the memories of childhood stay with you for the long haul.

All our young lives we search for someone to love. Someone who makes us complete. We chose partners and change partners. We dance to a song of heartbreak and hope all the while, wondering if somewhere and somehow, there is someone searching for us.

Things in life can get lost without any certainty of finding them again.

You can’t go through life thinking someday people will let you down.

In your life you meet people. Some you never think about again. Some you wonder what happened to them. There are some that you wonder if they ever think about you. And then there are some you wish you never had to think about again; but you do.

The friends who grew up with you deserve a special respect. The ones who stuck by you shoulder to shoulder, in a time where nothing was certain, all life lay ahead, and every road led home.

I'm not sure how I did It, my memories begin with the crack of the bat, and the sight of the ball rising. Maybe that's not exactly what happened. But that's the way it should have happened, and that's the way I like to remember. And if dreams and memories sometimes get confused oh well... That is as it should be, because every kid deserves to be a hero... Every kid already is...

We think the stars are fixed in the sky, but they are not. I think sometimes we have to learn to give in to change, to the new things.

They say men are children, but sometimes children are men; maybe that's where the confusion lies... All I knew was that night the world seemed suddenly very big and I felt very small, so I did what I could...... 1972 was a crazy time. Kids played football, drove cars, went to school, celebrated life; while soldiers, heroes, their brothers struggled to find their way home from war; and young boys watched and grew wiser in their dreams.

All we could do was close our eyes, and wish that the slow song would never end.

Growing up is full of big moments. Some of them you can see coming from a mile away; and some you can't see at all.

In love there’s no simple fix. Sometimes you have to just hang on... and lead with your heart.

I remember a place...a town, a house like a lot of other houses....a yard like a lot of other yards...a street like a lot of other streets. And the thing is....after all these years, I still look back...with wonder.