« home | Past Lives » | Expressionless Me » | Paranoia » | Facts Curator » | Probably » | I am never drinking coke EVER again » | I Think, I Think » | Not Really in the 'Writing' Mood » | True Love » | Love Survey 2 (Part Two) » 

Sunday, November 28, 2004 

So Many Rules, So Little Time

Why must there be so many darn rules?...(I break most of them anyway, but some of them are still quite annoying.) Yes, some are plain sensible, like:

1. Look left and right before rossing a street (duh)
2. Do not play with fire
3. Do not jump off a 100-storey building (simple enough.)

There are also ones that are not quite sensible, but you still are compelled to follow, like:

1. Don't bring your cellphone to school (*my* school is probably the only one that has this useless rule...but I still bring mine [sometimes] anyway. So what if I get into an emegency?...Not like anyone'd notice I was gone...But if anyone were to, I'd say they'd tell that I was cutting classes...What if I get stuck in a bathroom stall and the bathroom door gets jammed and nobody bothers to notice?...How will they ever find me?...Or what if I get lost inside the campus [it could happen!]?...Or worse, what if I get lost in the sea of mindless drones [students] in school???!!!...Whatever will I do, delving into the depths of the cruel high school world without my dear, dear cellphone?...How will my parents ever know where I've gotten?...HOW???!!!)
2.Do not answer back to your bloddy teacher (why shouldn't I?...public humiliation is not a good way of teaching, is it not?...and why should I not take a stand? I pay for my tuition fees, you know!)
(haha...that's about the only two I could think of right now...i'll add more later!...anyways...)

And then there are the ones that are plain crazy.

1. Do not go to McDonald's after school (hello?...So now even eating isn't allowed?...I mean, come on! McDonald's is like 5 minutes away from school and it takes less than 10 minutes to get a take-out. So what are they ranting on about?!!!)
2. Do not go malling after school hours (ha!...as if I'd even do that...And if I were to do that, what's it to them?...So what if I got a 75 in Chemistry last quarter? If I don't get it, I simply just don't get it [and that rarely happens]. 'More sudy time...'...ha, as if we need any more of that! WE JUST NEED LESS SUBJECTS!)
3. Do not blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blahblah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah..............(Get real.)

Why should these stupid rules even be abided? Some are essential, yes, but why should the ones in power be so stupid??? Can we get a new school admin please??????

p.s.I don't follow the rules most of the time, but I'm saying this for the ones who are blinded by the overwhelming power of the school admin and think that there is no more to life than living and following the rules. Hello?!!! We pay them, for crying out loud! Why shouldn't we be allowed to take a stand if a rule is against our own judgment?

hi! found my way here thru prendster.

bout ur entry, yup, some rules can be silly sometimes..

take care!

Post a Comment