« home | Some Pics » | Post-Intrams Depression » | Still Ranting » | Happy birthday Jake! :) » | Crush ko! ;) » | Of Intrams and Tiaras » | Boys! » | Pascal » | Princess in Pink » | Oh and there was something I totally forgot to men... » 

Sunday, February 06, 2005 

Some people get everything!

I was crying the other night because I really really felt like the whole world hated me. And you know what? I was soo wrong. The world didn't hate me. I hated the world (occasionally).

Honestly, I know I can be really really mean, like when I know I'm being taken advantage of, but I can also be really really nice to people that I think deserve it. And then there are those people that I have to be nice to because they don't know that I know that they aren't nice to me behind my back. But does the world think that's enough to give me at least *one* good day? NO. Apparently, I still have to be nice to the people who backstab me.

Okay, I know I did something bad last Thursday. But I just did it because it was just too much. I was in the library with three other classmates (the first two are my friends, the other one isn't). We were searching for alcoholism manifestations for Health class. I was already tired of looking at books so I asked the girl I didn't like (a.k.a. Stupid Prat) whether I could borrow her book or not. And you know what she said? She said the teacher might notice that we had the same answers. So I thought, okay, that one's acceptable. But actually, deep down, I was thinking, "Hey, world to Stupid Prat, that's a textbook. Don't you think other people have those too? Stupid." I decided to keep my words to myself and walked away in search of another book. Luckily, I found alcoholism manifestations in Collier's (or whatever-it's-name) encyclopedia. When I finished copying it down, she asked, "Puedeng patingin ng sagot mo?" That was when I blew my top. The nerve! I cannot believe I even *know* a person like that. So I said, "Oh, so it's not okay for me to get answers from your book but it's okay for you to get answers from mine. That's nice! And no, you may not copy from me. Not now. NOT EVER." and then I glared at her. Honestly, I cannot believe the kind of nerve she has!

But hello? Obviously I only did that because she was just too much. Even her friends say so. One of them told me, “She’s just there when she needs something for you but when you’re the one who needs help, she disappears. Ang kapal!” Why don’t people like her get luck as rotten as mine? What, do I like get my luck from a second-hand store or something? Or perhaps the dumpster???

And here’s another story. I know this girl. She is absolutely perfect. She’s smart, she’s rich, she’s beautiful, she’s tall, and she’s got everything. What’s so wrong about that, you ask me? Something is so wrong about that. She gets everything. We normal people get nothing, apart from get bad hair days and bad grades. I mean, she even looks good with her hair all messed up. That is just unfair. We normal people have to brush our hair. She doesn’t. And you know what the worst part is? She’s rotten. Just rotten. She likes picking on other people for no reason whatsoever. Sometimes for reasons so small you could see then only through a microscope. Honestly, why is that???

I know I’m whiny. You don’t have to tell me. Because duh, some people get everything, other people get nothing (apart form bad hair days and bad grades and sore knees) and this is just a way of saying, hello, we exist too, so don’t let Daphne get everything, we’re not asking for perfection, we’re just asking for good days!

Okay, so back to the sometimes-I-hate-the-world-thing. No one deserves to be hated (not even those terrorists…they just have different beliefs, so we can’t really blame them for their actions, as you can’t do with mine.) and I don’t intend to keep hating everyone, but everyone, please, just stop making me more miserable than I am. Think my life’s easy? Think again. Think my mom’s nice? Think again. There is no way you’ll think of her nicely once you’ve heard one of her “Eto ba ang sukli mo sa paghihirap ko?” speeches. Think my siblings are cute? Think again. There is no way you’ll think they’re cute once they’ve hit you with golf clubs on your head. Think I’m smart? Why, yes, I am.

Just 3 good days a week. That’s all I ask for. Please.

8 dtV-day

12 dtPn

Think my knee feels better? Think again.

Think I already have a prom date? Think again.

,

kim