« home | Some people get everything! » | Some Pics » | Post-Intrams Depression » | Still Ranting » | Happy birthday Jake! :) » | Crush ko! ;) » | Of Intrams and Tiaras » | Boys! » | Pascal » | Princess in Pink » 

Monday, February 14, 2005 

BOYCOTT VALENTINE'S!

I soo feel like doing it. I mean, what's all the hype about? People are like so excited about this holiday. It's just the same with every other normal (bummer) day, in which you could possibly get absolutely stumped or dumped or maybe (just maybe) you could even get lucky. And hello, it's just the same with all those other ones, where the true meaning is totally forgotten and the spotlight is on the commercialization, with all those stuffed bears and chocolate and heart-shaped stuff. I could totally imagine those company guys enjoying themselves right now watching all those stupid people falling for their commercial traps.

Yes, I know they say on TV that fewer people look forward to V-day, but hello, this is high school. I AM IN HIGH SCHOOL. Nobody feels the highs and lows of the economy in high school. Our allowances don't fluctuate with the rising or the plunging of the peso. We don't even work for a living. I mean, how silly would that be? "Oh honey, I can only give you 90 bucks today, due to the severe drop of the peso against the dollar yesterday." So, as expected, people here are (or possibly were) totally psyched about the V-day thing. I was, too, before I got totally stumped. Who wouldn't? The prom's on Friday and I still don't have anyone to go with! I mean, if I din't already have something to wear, I swear I'd just sleep through it.

So, the Prom's on Friday and I still don't have anyone to go with. This is so totally pathetic. You'd think that with all the guys I hang out with I'd have at least one that I like to ask me. (Okay, a couple of guys asked me. I like them and all, but they are soo not the Prom date-type. I know I'm being vain and superficial, but hey, at least I'm honest, and I prefer being a bitch more than being a huge liar.) And as much as this contrdicts my Down With Love beliefs, I totally don't see the sense of going to the Prom without anyone to go with. I really don't like anything to go unplanned, but with something like this, mostly everything's going to go that way because there's nothing to plan with at the first place.

Anyway, I'd really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really (infinity) like to go to the prom with this one guy. He'd be perfect ofr me, but I don't really think I'd be perfect for him. So that one's down the drain! I mean, he's totally perfect, absolutely dreamy and he has brains! (Too rare a catch if you ask me, but he doesn't really seem intersted, or if he is, he's doing a damn good impression of not having any interest.) I know I should be used to this (people not liking me I mean) but sometimes it's a bit bothering, not to mention unconvenient.

But there are those times when I feel that he may possibly like me (just some instances.) But why he hasn't done anything by now has astounded me, so I'm betting he isn't the least bit interested, so I'm dropping it. I'd soo not want to waste my time thinking about someone who doesn't even have a single thought about me. It's gonna be hard, but I've been through more than this. I know I can! (Pep-talking to myself again. How...weird. Well, since no one'd do it, then it'd be better to do it myself, right?)

365 days till next Valentine's day

4 days till Prom night

Still Dateless and Desperate.

,

kim