« home | Overanalyzation? » | Watched Kitchie Nadal last Friday. It sucked, as e... » | RANDOM RANTS » | The Best Monday EVER! » | Prom... » | BOYCOTT VALENTINE'S! » | Some people get everything! » | Some Pics » | Post-Intrams Depression » | Still Ranting » 

Thursday, March 03, 2005 

Commentary

Later is now! (Later came *a lot* earlier than expected. But it's good.)

That blog entry so totally points to one direction with a big road sign that says "HE LIKES YOU, YOU IDIOT!!!" But as I said earlier, I know better. Much much better.

***Commentary***

(Excerpts italicized, comments in plain text. JIC you wanted to know.)

Basically, according to my guy friends, straight teen aged guys are attracted to almost all members of the opposite sex. That means if a guy is a friend of yours, he probably wouldn't mind stepping that relationship up.

However, he may also feel identically about all the girls who are his friends, so getting him could be a simple matter of who tries. I know this sounds incredible--he likes ANYONE?--but apparently it’s really true in many cases. This is what I mean about girls being pickier than guys.


Second line: Good News. He *is* a friend of mine (a very good one at that), so I should probably step it up, even just a little bit. The first line: So Not Good. It practically means that he's attracted to *almost* every single girl he knows (talk about desperate) so I have to compete with like a hundred others. Bummer, dude! But beggars can't be choosers, I guess. But I'm like the shiniest quarter (or peso, since I'm in the Philippines) around! So since you're choosing, why not choose the best, right?! RIGHT???!!!

This is a generalization, though, so it’s not always true, and there can be mitigating circumstances. For example, if you are a freshman and he is a senior, he may regard you more as a younger sister than as a girlfriend. Not always--think about Mia and Michael--but sometimes. Please keep this in mind if you take our advice, go after the guy, and he turns you down. We can’t read the guy’s mind, after all.

Well, duh, obviously we're on the same year since we've been classmates since the first grade, so it's not like he'll think of me as a little sister or anything. But wait--OHMYGOD--I remember he something said to me once...It went something like, "Bata ka pa nga talaga!" ("You really are just a kid!") Ohmygod, he thinks I'm his little sister. This is not good. So not good. I really really hope this isn't what I think it is, like him thinking I'm the (other) little sister he never had or something. That is like so not right. I really really hope he thinks of me like Michael thought of Mia, like this statuesque goddess (though I'm not tall as her) who he isn't quite worthy of (but but really is, he just doesn't know it...Yet.)

Since, according to my research, many guys will basically go out with whoever asks first, subtlety can be a disadvantage for girls. Trying to sort out who he likes, asking around, playing mind games and that kind of thing could simply go over his head as hints that you like him. For instance, if you and a group of friends (including your crush) go out one night, and at the end of the night your crush says "Catch ya later," chances are you will stay up all night analyzing whether:

a. that by 'catch' he meant he *wanted* see you again, and soon, in private

b. that by 'catch' he meant he *never* wanted to see you again, ever

c. by 'later' he meant soon

d. by 'later' he meant in another lifetime

e. by 'ya' he meant you, specifically

f. by 'ya' he meant everyone there

g. by 'ya' he meant that girl you hate, who was standing next to you

h. you'd better IM all your friends and discuss it with them

A guy would NEVER think about these things. If he had loved Britney Spears for a hundred thousand years and Britney said to him 'catch ya later', he STILL wouldn't wonder what she meant by it. He'd just go home and brag that he met her. Probably he'd also think she was hot for him, but that is because most guys think they are basically irresistible.


Ohmygod, Meg and Michele are spying on me. This is *exactly* what I think about when he says "Sige kita na lang tayo bukas." ("So I guess I'll just see you tomorrow.") Which he says every single time we part. To which I answer [stupidly] "What?" (I am so deaf. So I totally spend the whole night thinking, "Did he mean he wanted to rendezvous again sometime or he never wanted to see me again???!!!") Anyways, at least he gave a specific date. But duh, I have all my classes with him, so it's not like I'm gonna miss him or anything. But that thing with Britney? So typical.

Anyways, here are my answers to the quiz (with a commentary, of course):

1. A. Of course we're close!

2. B. Well, on some days we just ignore each other (don't ask), but on normal ones he nods in acknowledgment.

3. A. I wouldn't say every single day, but we have them every so often.

4. A. Now one question I actually have an absolute positive answer to! YEAH, I ALWAYS CATCH HIM STARING AT ME! Okay, not always, but some of the time. Three times per week at the very least.

5. B. This choice totally hits the spot. This so happened on Prom night. He was just hovering around the table I was assigned to and just talked to me and stuff. If he wanted to dance with, then he should have. Really should've. Geez. It isn't that hard to ask.

6. D. We're close and all, but I so don't email him. We're still on the IM stage.

7. B. Pretty much. Well, he's always nice when we're together (with or without his friends, who, btw, are my friends too) so there's no question about that. But when we're alone we're really quiet, which makes me wonder why he and I spend so much time outside school together, since sometimes we don't really talk much. (Just sometimes.) But when we're on the phone, it's a different story. We're like überly talkative when we're on it. The phone, I mean.

8. A. So totally A. He always stares straight at me when I speak in front of the class. He's almost always listening to what I say. Sometimes I even think he's the only one who is.

9. A. Probably? I guess that's the closest.

10. A. Sometimes he teases, but it's generally nice.

Points:

4+3+4+4+3+1+3+4+4+4=34

Which leads us to:

40-30 points:
The good news is: He definitely likes you! Ask him to the dance, or to the movies. If it doesn't end up working out, there's something wrong with HIM, not you. Which leads us to the bad news: He seems a little TOO perfect. Are you sure he’s not gay?



Yes, I am absolutely sure he's not gay. I'm not sure about him liking me, though. The excitement factor's already passed. At first I was like "Ohmygod, he totally likes me!" But now I'm just, "But how can I be sure? It's not like I can read minds or anything." And I don't know about the asking-him-out part. He's usually the one who does the asking-out, mostly on project-procrastination-periods.

Even if you scored a 0 on the quiz, your situation is not hopeless (unless he’s gay). You have the power to change things…but it’s going to take guts. You’re going to have to put yourself out there. Remember how Elle enrolled in law school to get her guy back in Legally Blonde? We’re not recommending THAT (well, law school is cool, but NOT to get a guy), but you may have to do something that drastic to get his attention. No, NOT wear a thong with low-rise jeans. Join whatever clubs he belongs to—say, the Chess Club—or hang out where he hangs out. You can still be a feminist and do this, because hey, a little chess never hurt anyone, did it?

Just remember—subtlety is the key. No stalking, no constant emailing, no constant calling, no riding by his house on your bike a million times a day. Nobody likes a desperate person. It’s okay to ask a guy out once…but if he says no, the ball’s in his court. If he likes you, he’ll ask YOU to do something next time. Trust us.


Not like it's even possible to score zero since the lowest possible score is like 10 (unless you skipped a question or two). And I'm sure he's not gay. And if he turns out to be, I swear I'm going to kill myself (okay, not kill myself, but I'll be in a really bad mood for a couple of months. Mainly because the thought of me liking a guy who likes other guys is creepy. And disgusting.). I'm already in a church organization with him, so joining another club (with him) will look suspiciously like stalking. So there goes subtlety. And he's still going to have to do the asking. I'll just have to put the ball in the court.

And what do we know? Maybe I *will* get into Law School.

,

kim